Sarah Kathleen Peck offers some advice on answering the dreaded “So, what do you do?” question.
Also see Philippa Perry on how revising that inner storytelling keeps us sane and Timothy Wilson on why it’s the root of psychological change.
is motivation real? has anyone actually seen it
“It has been your habit for long to do away with good writers,
You either drive them mad, or else blink at their suicides,
Or else you condone their drugs, and talk of insanity and
But I will not go mad to please you.”
~ Ezra Pound
The “Pluto is a planet!!!!11!” thing is funny but also representative of mainstream views of science, because like 75% of reactions are emotional nostalgia and the other 25% are a misunderstanding of Pluto’s orbital behaviour.
Putting on your bra when your skin is wet is like wrestling with satan
“some scientists agree”. what does that mean. some scientists. that could be two scientists. two scientists agree. two agreeable scientists isnt very credible. do it again. more scientists.
this is my favorite post
This is important.